The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) is a unique professional body providing members with a local, national and international learning and business network focusing on the responsible stewardship of assets today and across the generations. It now has over 17 000 members in 80 countries.
STEP provides education, training, representation and networking for its members. Members advise clients on the broad business of the management of personal finance.
STEP members in Australian branches are currently either Full members, Judicial members or Associate members.
You need to be qualified to join.
To apply for full membership applicants must:
- display a significant involvement, at specialist level, in one or more of the following: planning, creation, management of and accounting for trusts and estates, executorship administration and related taxes
- be engaged at a level requiring little or no supervision from others
- have been working continuously over the five years immediately preceding the application.
Full STEP Membership entitles you to use the letters TEP (Trust and Estate Practitioner) after your name.
For those who do not have the required five years’ experience, associate membership is available to
- have a significant involvement, at specialist level, in one or more of the following: planning, creation, management of and accounting for trusts and estates, executorship administration and related taxes
- are engaged at a level requiring little or no supervision from others
- have been working continuously over the two years immediately preceding the application.
Associate members will be invited to apply for Full Membership once they have reached their five year qualifying period.
The annual membership fee is expected to be £215 for the STEP year of 1 April 2012 to 31 March 2013. There is also a once only £75 fee for TEP registration. There is no pro-rata rate.
The fee is paid by credit cards in pounds. Once you apply and the Queensland branch approves your application and sends it to the membership committee in London for STEP approval, you are treated as a member locally and entitled to member discounts.
Click here to join STEP. Send your completed applications to email@example.com.