This Protocol applies from today (30 March 2021) until further notice, for all matters in the Applications List in Brisbane.
See the full Protocol here.
- consent orders to be emailed by 9am on hearing day – will be made on papers
- where discretion required, submissions also required. Matter will remain on the List but will be dealt with on papers if possible. You must still telephone in for call-over, unless advised otherwise
- must provide details of who is appearing by 9am
- call-over will be at 10am by phone – details on law list (see here)
- short matters will be dealt with at the call-over or immediately after
- all other matters requiring an oral hearing will be allocated a not before time
- telephone hearing preferred – video possible if required (using PEXIP)
- matters will only be dealt with in person if urgent and cannot practicably be dealt with by phone or video
- if you contend personal attendance is required, you must provide an explanation in writing to senior Applications judge at least 24 hours prior to hearing